13 January 2009

Tombstone Tuesday

This little infant's identity is unknown to me. He/she is buried in the Albea family plot in Edgewood Cemetery, located in Greenwood, Greenwood, SC.

Buried in the same plot are Charles Vernon Albea (1903 - 1947) and his parents, William A. Albea (1872-1936) and Nina Sprouse Albea (1878-1962).

I've thought that the infant probably died after William (1936). Would the family have bought an entire plot for an infant's death? It seemed more likely that a baby in the family died and was buried in an extra plot. There are two empty plots remaining, so perhaps the child's parents thought be be buried her too.

William and Nina's sons were Johnny, Melvin, Charles, Henry and Coleman. Charles's infant is buried a city over, in Callison, so I doubt that his is his child.

Where do I go from here? I haven't been able to find an office for this cemetery, but there is a church nearby. I could try contacting them to see if they know anything.

I've searched the new SC Death Certificates on ancestry.com, but haven't been able to find an infant death that belongs to anyone in my Albea line.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails