11 January 2009

Audio Story

I ambushed mom and got this audio story.

Transcript:

Mom: I do think you should have to watch "He Haw" with me again before we talk about "He Haw."
Valerie: I already watched it
Mom: I know, but Sarah hasn't seen it
Sarah: I've seen the show
Mom: You've seen "He Haw" before?
Sarah: Well, I know what you're talkin' about. We watched that one night on tape with Dolly Parton
Mom: Yeah! I asked you if you'd seen it and you said 'no.' That....
Valerie: Well, why don't you tell us-
Sarah: I thought you meant a specific episode-
Mom: No...
Valerie: Why don't you say what you were just sayin'
Mom: What? That-
Valerie: That when it came on, y'all came runnin'
Mom: Yeah, all of us would come runnin' and flop around in the livin' room 'cause there would be kids everywhere. And we'd watch the show with Mama and Daddy when it come on. We'd hear that song goin' "He he he haw haw - He he he haw haw - He he he haw haw haw haw." And we'd all come runnin' to the livin' room and the He Haw gang would be comin' on.
Valerie: And Dad, you watched it?
Dad: Oh yeah!
Mom: And you watched it too. That was the thang
Dad: Not with them, but I watched it
Mom: Yeah, 'cause we didn't know him then
Valerie: And what was that other song you were singin'?
Mom: Gloom, despair and agony on me?
Valerie: uh hu
Mom: It was: Gloom, despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren't fer bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me. And then your Dad said that should have been is theme song.
Valerie: And you said you... what did Grandmama think about it?
Mom: Oh, I don't know what Grandmama used to think about it 'cause I couldn't imagine... watchin' it now how she stood sittin' there watchin' with all those scantily dressed women in their little Daisy Mae outfits, lazin' around on the porches, layin' there just talkin' about silly stuff. Definitely not the role model she wanted for us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails