20 October 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - Carson


James P. and Mary Beaty Carson are buried at Bethel Cemetery in Smyrna, Cobb, Georgia. Both James and Mary were born in Cobb County and were married on 7 August 1869 in that same location. Their children were Nancy, Wyatt, Fiddlin' John, James, Sally, Charlie, and Eddie. Sally Carson married my Great-Great-Great Uncle, James H. Smith. Their son, Fiddlin' John Carson, was a famous country musician.

I found these graves quite by accident. Bethel Cemetery is also the location of the graves of my Great-Great Grandparents, Louise and Leverett Waters and their son, Jack. When I arrived at the cemetery, I saw that it was somewhat small, and decided to do a photographic transcription of it. A year or so later, I realized the relationship to the Carson graves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails