22 July 2011

Unattached



     I'm sorry McCurley family, but I can't get myself excited about researching you. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I just feel somewhat unattached to your branch of the family. Maybe it's that you last appear in my family in a girl born in 1859? Maybe you just seem too far removed from me? But you are my Great-Great-Great Grandmother's line - and I don't feel that disconnect with other 3x-Great Grandmothers. It's not that you're off in some random location - you're in Elbert County, Georgia, home to almost a quarter of my recent ancestors. It's not even that your records are difficult to find - I haven't even finished searching for your "easy" census records. It isn't that you're not exciting - you served in the civil war.  So what is it about you, McCurley family, that leaves me feeling so unattached?

3 comments:

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Now you have me wondering if there is anyone, anyone at all, that I am unattached to....

Jennifer said...

I have this same problem with a few of my lines and I'm not sure why. I guess we just feel a connection with certain ancestors and not others. :)

Stephanie said...

I have very nearly convinced myself that my feelings of disassiciation with certain ancestors means that I must not be related to them through blood...I know that's probably not true, though...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails