25 June 2010

Three Years of Blogging




Today marks three years of writing about my genealogy research on this blog. I've written about a variety of topics, from websites to photographs, from personal opinions to factual stories. Overall, I really feel that by blogging I've helped my research. Not only do I receive advice from readers, but I take part in a great online community full of folks much more knowledgeable than myself. By reading other's blogs, I find I have access to new ideas, as well as old ones that should be revisited. I get to read stories about other people's ancestors who are similar to my own or radically different. I'm able to stay on top of all sorts of new resources that can be found online, as well as learn how to use old resources that have been tucked away in an archive and my never end up online. I can honestly say that without the geneablogging community my research would not be to the point that it is today and would suffer because of it. 


And while I'm learning, I'm expressing myself. My content might not be the best or most interesting out there, but I know I have at least a few readers.  I hope that they enjoy my writings and take back at least a tiny portion of what they give me. Thank you so much for reading my posts and leaving encouraging comments - I appreciate it.


And finally, on my last blogiversary I gave away cake for free. This year you'll have to fight me for it. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! I really enjoy reading your blog!

Miriam Robbins said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Greta Koehl said...

Happy Blogoversary, Valerie! Your blog is always a "must read" for me.

Joan said...

Happy Blogiversary. I have had my head down, plowing through a bunch of stuff, but looking forward to being able to really sit down and read blogs again --- and looking forward to yours. I have always love the title of your blog, o crafty one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails