03 September 2011

2011 Georgia Family History Expo

     I received an email this morning, reminding me that early registration would soon be ending for the Georgia Family History Expo.  We have until September 20th to purchase a $75 ticket for the two day event in Gwinnett County on November 11th and 12th.  This is a deep discount compared to paying for each day at the door ($60 per day, $120 total).  If you're short on cash, the exhibit hall is free and open to the public, full of local and national vendors.

     So what are you getting for your money? You'll have the chance to attend 8 different class sessions, with titles such as "Researching in Atlanta, the Gate City of the South," "Tips and Tricks for Using FamilySearch," "The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships," "Finding your English/Welsh Ancestors," "How to Plan and Organize a Family History Book," and "Social Media Panel." As you can see, there will be a wide variety of classes available for any experience level or specific type of interest. There will be keynote addresses and door prizes, as well as the previously mentioned exhibit hall.

     The expo runs Friday, November 11th from 1pm to 9pm and November 12th from 9am to 4pm. (This is later than last year's 7am starts, which I'm very happy about!) The location is the Gwinnett Center, just off of I-85, about 30 minutes north of Atlanta. Parking is free and hotels are plentiful. Hope to see you there!




View Larger Map

3 comments:

Biff Barnes said...

Thanks for the reminder about the Georgia Family History Expo. We really enjoyed attending last year. Thanks also for mentioning the class we'll be teaching "How to Plan and Organize a Family History Book."

Linda McCauley said...

Hope to see you there Valerie.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder, Valerie! Last year's expo was my very first conference, and I had such a wonderful time, even though I didn't know anyone. I hope to see you and other fellow bloggers there this year! I'm looking forward to the class on U.S. Immigration 1820-1954 ... now that I know my GGGrandfather falls into that category!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails