22 February 2009

Leila is #21

Following the Genea-Musing Saturday night blog prompt, I located my 21st ancestor on my Ahnentafel report.  Leila Frances (Craft) Evans Brown is #21.

Leila is my Great-Great-Grandmother - my paternal grandfather's mother-in-law.  She was born on 24 Apr 1881 and died on 24 Dec 1950 and lived her life in Elbert and Hart Counties, Georgia..  Her parents, according to her death certificate, were Ruebin Monroe Craft and Leila McCurley (who I think is acutally Susan Jane McCurley).  Leila is one of those ancestors who was born after the 1880 census and was married before the 1900 census.  These folks are the bane of my exhistance!

Leila married John Evans around 1897.  Their children were Janie, Sally Ruth, Luther, Ruby, Ethel and Mollie.  After John's death in 1911, Leila remarried around 1913 to John "Jim" Brown.  Their children were Fannie, James Jr. and Leonard.

Leila died in 1950 and is buried next to her first husband and some of their children in Rock Branch Baptist Cemetery in Elbert County.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails