11 February 2009

Georgia Confederacy Pension Applications and more new at Ancestry.com

Ancestry.com has made Georgia Confederacy Pension Applications viewable online.  The records date from 1879-1960 and can be searched by name, year of application, type of application and location.  Other information included in the images may include cause for pension, income, birthday, spouse's names, occupation and more.

Within minutes of searching, I found the pension application for William Anderson Craft and, after his death, his wife's application as a widow.  It seems that he suffered a stroke that kept him from making a living as the farmer he had been and was now "indigent."  

This is proving to be a very informative database and I'm glad to see it added.

w a craft pension application


1 comment:

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks, Valerie. I'm getting ready to teach my next Intermediate Online Genealogy Class, and the first lesson is on military records. It's always nice to see new resources that I can add to my syllabuses (syllabi?)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails