29 November 2009

In The Kitchen - Carrot Cake

ingrediantsFor the three major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter) there were certain dishes that each family member was responsible for. For my mom, one of those was Carrot Cake. This recipe comes from a bag of Colonial Sugar. My grandmama found it after trying many recipes. She said that it was the cake closest to what she was looking for.

For me, the making of this cake is required for the holidays - even though I don't hardly eat it. If we didn't have this cake on the table, it wouldn't be the holidays.

Here's the recipe, on the cards my Grandmama originally wrote them on:

Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake

2 comments:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Congratulations on winning the recipe contest! That carrot cake would please my daughter, it's her favorite dessert! Here we serve a version of carrot cake for Easter (must be because of the Easter bunny!)

Magda said...

I ended up on your site for genealogy ( I am descended from KRAFT family in Philadelphia , circa 1770 ) and now I am copying these old recipes !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails