28 April 2009

Photos Used at GeorgiaInfo

When I go on vacation, I often like to go places that have historical significance and I generally take a lot of photos. I then place these photos on flickr. A few days ago, I received a message from web developers at GeorgiaInfo, a website developed by GALILEO and the University of Georgia Libraries. They had seen my photos of Andersonville Prison and wanted permission to use them on their site. Because of the educational purpose of the website, I agreed.

25 of my photos were placed on the website under the Georgia Historic Site Photos section. They are shown along with photos of other locations, such as Fort Pulaski, Jefferson Davis Historical Site, Wormsloe Plantation, and Warm Springs.

This website might be of interest to genealogy researchers who have ancestors in Georgia. They have pages devoted to genealogy links, information on demographics for each county, historic photos, and maps, both contemporary and historical.

my photos at GAInfo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails