06 January 2008

I'm planning a genealogy/vacation to South Carolina. I've got three cemeteries on my list in Greenwood and the surrounding area. I've found the location of two of them, but I still need an exact location on the third one.

1. Edgewood Cemetery - in downtown Greenwood, the burial place of William A. Albea and Nina Sprouse Albea.

2. Bethel Methodist Church Cemetery - burial location of many Dorn, Witt, and Quattlebaum ancestors. Also supposed to be the burial place of Charles Ray Albea - though he's not listed on the cemetery transcription.

3. Quattlebaum Family Cemetery - This is the one where I'm not sure of the exact location. It's supposed to be on HWY 67 on the Greenwood/McCormick County line.

I was having a hard time locating the Bethel Methodist Church until I found a link to a handy website on findagrave.com. It's got DOT maps to multiple states, including Georgia and South Carolina. There are listings for a lot of cemeteries and churches, including Bethel.

Bethel Meth Church

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails