17 January 2011

Ida Leaphart Guardianship Papers - Amanuensis Monday

     This is another page in my Great-Great Grandmother Ida Leapheart Hyler's guardianship papers. I appears shortly after this page, in which W.C. Jumper was named guardian of Ida and her brothers, Wade and Pierce.  Census records show that Ida and Pierce were indeed living with D. I. Drafts in the 1870 census.



The State of South Carolina \
Lexington County                   /

To S.P. Wingard Probate Judge for Said County.

     The petitions of W. C. Jumper respectfully shows to the court that Ida Leapheart is a minor Twelve years of age, that her Father, F. E. Leapheart and her mother are both dead, that the Said minor is entitled to an estate of the probable value of three Hundred dollars derive from her Said father.
     That the Said minor resides with Mr. Danl I. Drafts in said county; and that she has no Guardian, and that the said Drafts desires your petition [appon enter??] the guardianship of the said Ida Leapheart to Take charge of and manage her estate. This your petitioner prays for + he will pray the.
   Decr 13th A.D. 1875. W. C. Jumper.

   I Danl I. Drafts with whom the above named Ida Leapheart minor, do humbly consent + request that W. C. Jumper be appointed the Guardianship of the said Ida Leapheart; and I also certify that she is about 12 years of age. D. I. Drafts [signature]
   Decr. 13th A.D. 1875



Leaphart Children Guardianship Papers

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails