08 July 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - Witt

William D. Witt & Frances Iola Q. Witt

William David WittWilliam D. Witt and Frances Iola (Quattlebaum) Witt are buried together at the Bethel Methodist Church Cemetery in Callison, Greenwood, SC.

William was the son of David Jefferson Witt and Alice Miller (who are buried just up the road at Bold Springs Baptist) and Iola was the daughter of Millege E. Quattlebaum and Mary Jane "Mamie" Dorn. Both native to neighboring Edgefield county, they were married around 1898 and lived most of their lives in Greenwood County.

2 comments:

Royalbee said...

Hi, I like your site. I believe Dad told me that that he thought the Cherokee heritage was from the Quattlebaum part of the family. I'm not sure that's correct.

Amy Witt said...

William D Witt, I believe is the brother of James Samuel Witt who is also buried with his wife, Mary Reardon at Bold Spring and they would be my Great Grandparents. My mother still lives in the family home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails